Meet our other research colleagues...
Rheumatology Research Team
The Rheumatology Research Department is a small team led by Dr Patel working alongside the Rheumatology Department at Hull Royal Infirmary. We cover all sites including Castle Hill and East Riding Community Hospital in Beverley.
Our research projects are mainly outpatient-based and are focused on patients with both rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
Our current research interests include:
- Observational studies assessing the effectiveness of new biological treatments for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Interventional drugs studies to assess the effectiveness of new biological treatments for patients with either psoriatic or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Observational studies to assess the effectiveness for new biological treatments for patients with ankylosing spondylitis for patients who have never tried these therapies.
- Maintaining and updating national registers for patients who have recently commenced biological therapy for either rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis to assess the long term benefits of such treatments.
- Observational studies to establish whether there is a genetic link between patients with rheumatoid arthritis and their first degree relatives.