Become a
Research Reviewer
Research, Development and Innovation

We believe it is crucial that members of the public are involved in reviewing new research at the very start of an idea. This way, our research teams can work with you to ensure the research we do is relevant, of importance to the NHS and the public and easily accessible to the people who might want to participate. Public and patient experience is often overlooked at the early stages but it can be invaluable as a way to shaping research for the better.


For a national overview of the opportunities, please visit Your Path in Research.

The following local opportunities to get involved are available:

Trans-Humber Consumer Research Panel

Why not join in with the activities of the local consumer research panel?

By getting involved you could help researchers shape how they undertake their research. Your input is valuable! The Trans-Humber Consumer Research Panel (CRP) is a patient and public involvement (PPI) group made up of both healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses, scientists and managers) and lay-people (non-professionals) who are healthcare consumers; i.e. people who have had personal experience of various diseases (including cancer, diabetes and heart disease) either as a patient or a carer.

The Consumer Research Panel (CRP) exists to increase consumer involvement in NHS medical research. Its aim is to be comprehensive in offering help to researchers working in all fields (not just cancer).They are also committed to bringing the patient’s voice into all stages of the research process, and at the deepest level of involvement possible.

Yorkshire and Humber Research Design Service

The Yorkshire and Humber Research Design Service (RDS) is a specialist advisory group providing advice and support to researchers in turning their ideas into research proposals.

The service is provided free of charge, and actively promotes patient and public involvement in research.

If you are interested in finding out more about taking part in research, becoming a Research Ambassador or a Research Reviewer for Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust please contact us and someone in the research office will talk you through the options for getting involved in our research.

Want to contact us?

We'd love to hear from you.