Here are a few ways to help you discover careers in the NHS.
Give it a try. It might just go down well with your teachers!
- Find out what careers are available in the NHS by taking a look through this website.
- Spin our NHS careers wheel to reveal the careers that might suit you.
- Select a career that you find most interesting from the ones researched.
- Complete this ready-made job description to find out more about your chosen role.
- Create a job advertisement of your chosen role explaining experience and qualifications required.
You can select any kind of media you like from film, posters and presentations, to leaflets or websites. Just as long as you avoid using copyrighted material, for example, music on videos and websites.
If you enjoyed this, you could enter your job advertisement into the national Step into the NHS competition and have the chance of winning some amazing prizes. Please ask your teacher to send in your entry. The closing date is 30th April.
Who earns the most: a physio or a nurse? Higher or lower?
Compare the roles for the chance of 350 big money, life-changing opportunities!
We have around 100 Career Ambassadors that are ready and willing to come and help with events in your school. Here are some of the things we can do:
- Small group meetings (either face to face or online).
- Short career talks (to a class or year group).
- Mock interviews (to develop techniques and behaviours).
- Mentoring (in a chosen career).
- Career events (and information stands).
If there’s anything you need our support with, just let us know:
In the coming months, we are going to let our NHS family loose with a series of online films to show you a thing or two about the medical marvels we perform right here, every day.
Watch this space…